Colorado National Monument: but not really

 This was one of those spur-of-the-moment flights that results in a lot of gawping at the amazing scenery without actually knowing where to go.

Down below is the stunning terrain of the Colorado National Monument and the iconic Monument Valley. Only I accidentally flew north east instead west so ended up flying over the incredible ridge, north of the airport. I'd only glanced at a map and missed the fact that the national part/reservation is on the other side of Grand Junction.

Route


I don't tend to fly without some clouds. Clouds give you a second "landscape" to explore.


While I didn't actually see Monument Valley, I did learn how to refuel, once I got back to Grand Junction Regional Airport.



I'll repeat the flight when I'm better prepared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOTAS dust-off

Literally, hello world!